American Legion Post 18 meets monthly 10 months per year. Please check CALENDAR for updates and special meetings and events. Current, transferring and new members encouraged to attend. Department of Rhode Island officers, members from other Posts and guests should contact the Adjutant to schedule a visitation.
Our members participate in ceremonies, flag graves, maintain memorials, support troops and families of those deployed, volunteer at the RI Veterans Home, conduct flag education, award a scholarship to a deserving Portsmouth High School senior, and support many other local, state, regional and national programs.
Post 18 has approximately 150 members (we may be small, but we're mighty!). Our demographics include veterans from WWII to the current Global War on Terror and every conflict/war in between. The ladies in our Auxiliary - Unit 18 - were a vital part of our Legion Family. Even though they surrendered their Charter in 2016, the ladies promised to continue to support Post 18 so we can continue to make a positive impact in the community in which we live, learn, work and play!
AMERICAN LEGION POST 18
PORTSMOUTH, RHODE ISLAND
Site updated on: 6/11/2018
DEDICATION OF THE
PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK THE "CALENDAR" TAB FOR UPCOMING MEETINGS & EVENTS!
~ NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY, 7 AUGUST 2018 @ 7 PM ~
(see CALENDAR for details)
PROJECT BLUE STAR
Follow this link to learn more about
our patriotic partner.
In keeping with our 2018 theme of
"WORLD WAR ONE CENTENNIAL"
- We hosted a guest speaker from the NWC on the topic of Native American Telephone Talkers in WWI and & Code Talkers in WWII.
- Our annual scholarship essay topic
- We hosted RI WWI Commissioner Matt McCoy at our June meeting.
- More events & speakers being planned.
2017 THEME: CIVIL PREPAREDNESS
In keeping with our 2017 theme, we:
- hosted a survival instructor
- sponsored a blood drive
- witnessed a HAM radio demonstration
- toured the Emergency Operations Center
- educated our community about disaster preparedness & response